Music Review: Kandace Springs "Soul Eyes" Album

Kandace Springs
Album: Soul Eyes
Music is a journey of the heart and imagination. Just like with the wonders of reading a book, a great album can take you different places without you moving from the comfort of your home.
Kandace's music embodies what was great then and making it cool again. Her voice compliments the instrumentals so much that to hear the instrumentals on their own is good but the presence of her voice makes it great because they dance together in smooth operative style.
The title track, Soul Eyes is full of sultriness and pure soul. Her voice on this track reminds me of the late, great Etta James with the spunk of the great Toni Braxton the way she deeps into those lower notes. This is the type of album you kick back, relax and drink a glass of wine to. It is the type which is perfect for entertaining friends, looking at art, and slow dancing to. Many may not believe it but this work proves that you don't need a techno pop beat to have that sex appeal. Soul Eyes is without a doubt one of the sexiest albums I've heard in a long time.
Do me a favor. Listen to the title track Soul Eyes and close your eyes. What do you see? What do you feel? I am transported to the classy clubs, restaurants like in the film Casablanca. You sit at a table with a drink, awaiting that special someone. Meanwhile not far from you is a man dressed in a tuxedo seated behind a black grand piano with his own glass of wine and tip glass (not jar but glass). A woman comes out in a beautiful figure hugging gown holding a microphone. The piano starts and she belts it out for all to hear. She lays across the top of the piano for your entertainment but there's nothing raunchy about the performance. It is done with elegance and class; a truly mesmerizing performance. That is what I see when I listen to Kandace.
Two other songs I truly love on this album are The World is a Ghetto and Place to Hide. For a writer who is inspired by certain things, this is a writer's dream. It sparks such creativity in me for several stories. I do have my favorites on the album but I love every song. Place to Hide is such a romantic song that you definitely would want to listen with that special crush of yours. It's so beautiful because it speaks of a strong friendship and I know I used the word romantic but it is. You have someone hurting and they have this friend telling them that they will be their "place to hide." She sings about protecting this person from the hurt, from the cruel world and helping them heal. Breathtaking song as is every track on the album. I look forward to seeing her rise in the industry be one of the greats. Kandace Springs makes music cool again. I'd like to thank Jeremiah Trusty, my friend from junior high and also a friend of Kandace, for sharing this on his Facebook. She is a music gem. Check out her album Soul Eyes on iTunes and Amazon. It's a hot album, don't miss out on adding some soul back into your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas