7 Years of a Lost Light

This is my favorite picture of Michael. It shows the King of Pop as I remember him, always smiling and always looking sharp with a shirt and tie. I've always thought Michael was so handsome when he wore a suit like his blue and white ensemble in Smooth Criminal or this red shirt and black tie from the Liberian Girl video. It's hard to believe it's been 7 years without his bright light shining in this world.
Recently I've seen, mainly on twitter, fans posting negative stories/rumors about Michael. I couldn't stand the way people tried to tarnish him when he was alive and I don't like it now. I never knew Michael personally, unfortunately, but I cannot ignore the fact that I learned so much from him through his music and exceptional good deeds. He was an advocate for children. He was right when he said there is much we can learn from children and that it's not childish. Children do not know how to hate until we teach them. They don't recognize the differences in people we do. They don't know how to discriminate or bully. They learn these hateful ways from us. When Michael was alive he worked hard to better this world, the world that turned its back on him and set out to destroy him. After Michael's death, I've been trying to continue his work the best way I could, through my writing. I'm not a celebrity so not many people tend to listen to a nobody but it doesn't mean I give up. I'd like to think that if I ever met Michael, we would've been good friends. Nowadays people just try to make money off his name and it's sickening. I can't control what people do or say about him, but I honor him by not entertaining or sharing these stories. I've said as much on twitter as well.
Michael Jackson is so much more than the lies printed, spoken, and shared about him. He's so much more than a legend. He is a child of God. One who tried to make this world better. He is a master of his art, no other like him. He was an advocate of peace. I love you Michael. You may not be here but I still see your light. Now and forever, the King of Pop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"