Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Artist: Jerad Finck
Criminal EP
The first review for Jerad was the "Criminal" single. This review for the "Criminal" EP. Before I get into the review I want to define what an EP is for those that don't know. An EP stands for extended play. It contains additional tracks than the single but the track list is too short to be considered a full album. It's like a sneak peek into the artist's potential full album, a teaser if you will. Now onto the review.
I was ecstatic after listening to Criminal that when my boyfriend, Jeff returned from work I made him sit down and watch the video with me (my 20th time watching it that night, his first). I started playing the EP this morning and he immediately joined me in the living room asking me, "Is this the guy you're reviewing?" I said "Yes" and with that Jerad gains another fan. Jeff loves the music. This is what I love about music like this. It brings people together and infectious.
There are very few artists that I absolutely love every song they release. Some of the artists that I love beyond compare are the King of Pop Michael Jackson, Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, and Carrie Underwood to name a few. I can now add Jerad Finck to that list. This EP shows Jerad's full potential. He will be one of the greats that the music world hasn't seen in a long time.
Obviously Criminal  is one of my favorite tracks on the EP but since I reviewed the song earlier I will focus on other key songs on the EP.
First I love the upbeat rhythm of the songs. It's great when you can nod ya head to the beat.
The Good Life is a song that transported me to a fun video in my head. I see a large group of people having fun in the street with Jerad in the center singing this song. It zeros in on different people then showing them in the role of their dreams before it all ends in a big concert scene with Jerad. I see this because that's how the song makes me feel. I think of my dream of becoming a great writer/author and how I want "the good life." I feel like the song makes the listener think about what the good life is to them. We all want the good life and this song allows us to define that for ourselves. I know I'm getting deep here but this is what music does to me. Good music that is. It makes me think, dream, and gets my creative juices flowing.
Take Me With You is another great song. The most powerful lyrics in this song is "I'm no good at lonely," "Pick myself off the floor. I can't stay here anymore." This song could mean so many things but here is a twist that I thought as I listened to it. "You" could be referring to yourself. Sometimes metaphorically you tend to leave yourself behind especially when you're in a relationship. You can get lost in the other person. Sometimes it's more common in a bad relationship and so when Jerad sings "Take me with you when you go," I feel this is more when you make a decision to leave to remember to bring yourself with you. When you rediscover yourself after encountering the "criminal" you find that weren't lonely at all. You can stand on your own. To me this is why this is one of the great songs on this EP.
As I've said I love every song on here. Truly an inspirational collection of work and I look forward to the full album. If you haven't done so already be sure to get the Criminal EP on iTunes at apple.co/1S8edXx or if you don't have iTunes you can also find it on amazon under Jerad Finck Criminal EP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas