Music Review-Chantele DiBrava "Rolling With the Homies"

Artist: Chantele DiBrava
Single: Rolling with the Homies
I'm going to state the obvious. Looking at this woman, I would've never guessed her music had a country vibe to it. When I began following her which was quite recently, she messaged me a "welcome" video which was very nice. She went an extra mile to show her appreciation for the followers she gains. I think this is a smart move on her part because it makes the person feel special and proud to be a fan.
Now I had to go on her actual twitter page to find any of her music which is how I came across Rolling with the Homies. My first thought when I saw this title was the "Rolling with the Homies" song from the movie Clueless. I said to myself, "Oh she did a cover of that song. This should be interesting." However much to my surprise, it was completely different. It was a countrified spin on a fun/ghetto saying. (Ghetto in a positive sense that is.) The lyric video is fun but I think it could have served as the official video for the song. It's fun, laid back, and illustrates a great time with friends. The setting is perfect for the song. I loved the song very much. You don't have to think, just have fun with it. I have to say though that the small bridge where Chantele slows it down, I really don't think it's needed in the song. It seems to break up the groove where it doesn't need to be broken. Other than that it is a great song to kick off the first day of summer with.
Chantele's voice is very soulful. If you're looking to find who her sound is similar to, I would say a cross between Christina Aguilera, LeAnn Rimes, and Reba McEntire. She belts out those notes like it's nobody's business. While you know you've heard her sound before, you also recognize it as new. She doesn't have just one sound but the sound of many which truly allows her voice to stand out. As they used to say on Reading Rainbow, "Don't take my word for it, check it out!"
Rolling with the Homies on YouTube and be sure to leave your opinions in the comment section!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas