A Senseless Death, Something Has Got to be Said

I did not know Christina Grimmie prior to her fame on "The Voice." Today of everything I read, she was also a YouTuber. When I saw her audition for The Voice, I thought she was fantastic and how could you not? She had a powerful voice. I was shocked as everyone else to learn that she was murdered at her own concert during a meet 'n' greet. When I watch that last video of her inviting people to come see the concert, it saddens my heart even more. She was a light to her family, friends, fans, and anyone she encountered. She was a woman excited to share her talent with the world and all this was apparent in that last video. Every time I see her picture, I say, "I am so sorry you were robbed of your life."
What did she do to deserve this? Nothing. What has any person done to deserve to have someone play God and decide theirs was done? Nothing. I see they identified her killer. I pray they don't glorify her murderer as they have so many others. Tell me what is wrong with the following scenarios.
Charlize Theron wins an Academy Award for portraying murderer Aileen Wuornos, a woman convicted of murdering 6 men. Dean Cain portrays Scott Peterson in The Perfect Husband: the Laci Peterson Story. Scott Peterson murdered his pregnant wife all because he wish to be with someone else yet hiding the truth from Laci. Ironically it's called The Laci Peterson Story but the television movie was focused on Scott Peterson. Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret traced Jodi's rocky relationship with Travis Alexander and depicted his murder.
Have you been able to identify what's wrong with those scenarios? The focus is on the murderers. The victims are forgotten. I pray that doesn't happen in this case. To be honest, I feel that if the media glorifies her murderer we should join together and boycott the media. I don't know about any of you but I'm tired of the victims being forgotten and fading in the background. All of this resulted in the loss of human life.
Christina Grimmie was joyous at her concert with the band Before You Exit. She was so excited about it that she released a video for everyone to come see her. She loved what she did. Christina was showing her appreciation for her fans by signing autographs and taking the time to meet them. She had no idea that was her last moment of life. Do not let her be remembered for her death. Let her be remembered for her talent, the person she was, and what she so willingly shared with all of us. Nothing else matters. Christina was a bright light to all whether personally or professionally. Rest in peace Angel. We will never forget.
To help the loved ones of Christina Grimmie, a gofundme page has been set up. Please take the time to view the page and donate if you can, https://www.gofundme.com/christinagrimmie
No one should ever have to experience this heartache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas