Music Review-J.P. Kallio Hard to Stop EP

Artist: J.P. Kallio
Hard to Stop EP
I'm beginning to think that Saturday and Sundays are the best time to listen to music because that is when I get a burst of inspirational music to listen to.
J.P. Kallio has developed a very inspirational EP. This is a 5 track EP that includes good old fashion music on it. It's a cross between a really great MTV Unplugged concert and what great music used to be like. His musical style reminds me of several artists,mostly country artists. Those artists include Billy Ray Cyrus, Philip Philips, Johnny Cash, and the non-country Dave Matthews Band. His voice is very soothing to the ear allowing for clarity of his musical message.
The one thing I've definitely noticed is that his songs seem to be on the shorter end of the stick. At first I thought, "wow I think this is too short" but you know, much to my surprise it works. It forced me to play the song again which is a good thing because that means I liked it enough to play again and it leaves me wanting more. One of the things you never want to do with a song is "Peter Jackson" it which means you don't want to make it longer than you have to (watch Peter Jackson's "King Kong" you'll know what I mean). As a writer I write different things from stories to articles to poetry. Each track on the EP is like a beautiful haiku; short but right to the point.
I have to say that my favorite track on the EP is Hard to Stop mainly because of the line "What are you going to tell your children when they are all grown up? When you gave away their freedom? I thought it was too hard to stop." There's a powerful message behind these words. How do we justify what we choose to subject our children to? It's not all positive. What do we do to ensure that whether we're rich or poor, that they have the best upbringing they have? We resort to how we were brought up but some of us, sadly just repeat the mistakes of those who wronged us instead of learning from them. If you're a parent dealing with demons that is jeopardizing your child's well being, I want you to listen to this song. It really tugs at your heart. Are you able to be satisfied with the reason that it was "too hard to stop?" I urge you to listen to this song and really think about it even if you're not a parent. I believe that music can teach and heal. That is what the tracks on this EP does. It teaches and it heals. J.P. is another artist I consider to be one of the greats. He has it.
For the inside scoop on his music and for tracks, visit his main site J.P. Kallio and subscribe to the mailing list. When you subscribe you receive 8 tracks. Here I reviewed the EP's 5 tracks but trust me, the extra 3 singles are worth a listen. I don't want to spoil the surprise so go ahead subscribe. J.P. is worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas