Music Review: Demi Lovato-Confident

Confident by Demi Lovato
Released: October 16, 2015
Demi Lovato has grown immensely since she first burst onto the music scene. Most of all, she has become a confident woman who is comfortable in her own skin. I can identify because I'm still not comfortable in my shell sometimes and am still a victim of bullying. I'm teased about my weight a lot and although she's younger than me, Demi has been an inspiration to me amongst other artists as well. Now for the album. This work is empowering. Demi is moving forward with a vengeance. She has a different sound compared to her earlier albums. You can feel the power and emotion in her voice through each song. In her voice, you can hear the journey she's taken in becoming confident in herself. My favorite song on the album is Lionheart. Lionheart speaks to me of unity. She sings "You're here like a silhouette, when the darkness rules, you're the brightest moon and I am safe." It reminds me of God because we can't see Him and His love shines through the darkness. He protects us. Don't read me wrong. I'm not saying that is Demi's message. I'm saying this is what I took from those lyrics. The chorus is particularly strong with "And we walk together into the light, and my love will be your armor tonight, we are lionhearts. And we stand together facing a war, and our love is gonna conquer it all, we are lionhearts." I think about the war we face everyday against each other and ourselves. I think of the amount of hate that is shared nowadays and if we would spread the love, our love can conquer it all. Most of all I feel she is expressing that united we are strong. We face these problems together not apart. As I said before, this is what the song reminds me of not Demi's direct message. A few of my other favorite songs on the album are Kingdom Come with Ziggy Azalea, For You which showcases her vocal range a great deal and a pledge to commitment in a relationship (any not just romantic), Waitin' For You with Sirah which holds a lot of things I'd love to tell people who have hurt me, and Stars which I find to be a great dance/workout track; it has great attitude. I feel this album is full of "go get 'em" anthems. In my opinion, the best of 2015 and I look forward to see what else Demi has up her sleeve. She is a brilliant artist who reminds us what the music is supposed to be about: expression, talent, and fun. Bravo Demi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas