2016 Picks for Must See Movies Pt. 2

The Huntsman: Winter's War
Starring Chris Hemsworth, Jessica Chastain, Emily Blunt, and Charlize Theron
Release Date: April 22, 2016
 The speculation around this film could not be so easily forgotten as the film which started it all, Snow White and the Huntsman. I'll admit that when I heard a sequel was to proceed without Snow White I was quite disappointed because of the chemistry between Snow White and the Huntsman in the first film. Now let me clarify that I wasn't disappointed in the absence of Kristen Stewart but the absence of the character Snow White. However I must say they have come with a brilliant solution. After all, I believe Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth were the best parts of Snow White and the Huntsman. It's great to see them back with a brand new story and it's brilliant. Emily Blunt is one of the newcomers as the Ice Queen, sister to Charlize Theron's Evil Queen and she looks brilliant. Blunt's Ice Queen compliments Huntsman veteran Charlize Theron. The Huntsman and his warrior lover (Jessica Chastain) take on the two queens and their evil army. I think Ravenna may find herself at the mercy of the Huntsman once again. I look forward to seeing this sequel though I am a little confused as to whether it serves as a prequel or not but considering Ravenna says "How I've missed you," I'm assuming it's a little of both. We shall see on April 22nd. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorites.

The Young Messiah
Starring Sean Bean
Release Date: March 11, 2016
We've seen the birth of Jesus and the death of Jesus many many times and now someone has decided to explore Jesus as a child. I think this is a different perspective than what we're used to seeing. I always wondered about what Jesus was like as a child. How did He deal with His fate, His future? Did He rebel like human children do? Has He been strong willed since a child that He continued to understand who He was. I am intrigued by this film and look forward to seeing it. A child named Adam Greaves-Neal plays young Jesus. He looks absolutely mesmerizing. Jesus was and is a remarkable individual who remains humble till the end. This is a film to not be  overlooked. Jesus lived the human life as this, I feel, humanizes Him a little more but also shows how unique He was, being prepped for His chosen fate.

Elvis & Nixon
Starring Kevin Spacey and Michael Shannon
Release Date: April 22, 2016
The famous meeting of the President of the United States and the King of Rock 'n' Roll. What better topic for a movie? This isn't the first time a film has been made about this meeting. A 1997 television movie called Elvis Meets Nixon starring Rick Peters as Elvis and Bob Gunton as Richard Nixon. I saw clips of the movie here and there. It wasn't the best depiction and I'm not sure how accurate the facts are in the film but considering that IMDB (Internet Movie Database) describes it as a "mockumentary" I don't think it was one to take seriously. This is a monumental occasion in our history and I feel that this brand new film depicts the importance of these two figures coming together. In the trailer I think audiences can see the differences of these two men but also how fascinated they are with one another, Nixon moreso than Elvis. Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor and I don't know anyone else who could portray the role of Nixon better. Michael Shannon on the other hand, I don't feel is the best actor to play Elvis. I have my reservations about him in the role. First Michael's appearance has aged the King of Rock 'n' Roll more than he actually was at the time of the meeting. It's not believable that women would be swooning over him or a ladies man. I mean no disrespect to Michael Shannon after all, I loved him as General Zod in Man of Steel, I just wish that they would have chosen another actor. However to be fair, I will give him a chance and see the film first. I would like to see this film when it's released but I also have no hard feelings if I wait till it comes to DVD. I still think it's a film worth watching, I'm just skeptical of the storyline and Shannon's portrayal of Elvis.


Angry Birds
Starring Peter Dinklage, Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Kate McKinnon, Maya Rudolph, and more
Release Date: May 20, 2016
Yes please! Love the game? Well you'll love the movie! Red (Sudeikis) is an angry bird who never found that he fit in. Teased for his eyebrows and overlooked, he seems to learn to live with it. Unfortunately for the birds, the pigs come and look to steal their eggs. Red and his friends set out to stop him. It looks hilarious and I'm ready to see these birds in action. With a stellar cast (most from SNL), this is bound to be a hit with the kids and adults! May isn't too far off so if you're going to see one movie this year, make it for Angry Birds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas