Ghostbusters Girl Power Has Been Unleashed...Yay or Nay?

Ghostbusters
Release Date: July 15, 2016
Starring: Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, & Kate McKinnon

Another reboot. Is it me or is Hollywood running out of ideas that they feel the need to reboot everything? When I first heard of this reboot, I wanted to scream. First the rumors were there was going to be another sequel with the original cast but then came the death of our beloved Egon, Harold Ramis. The next thing fans knew they turned it into a reboot but with an all female cast instead of the original cast. Then again, you can't have Ghostbusters without Egon.
Now the new cast comprises of SNL alumni Kristen Wiig and current cast Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones along with the hilarious Melissa McCarthy. A hearse serves as the new Ghostbuster car but I must say after viewing the trailer, the movie looks promising. It's great to see Slimer back but the one thing I'm hoping for is that they do tie this into the original films as well. Hopefully Slimer will be that connection but who knows?
From what I can gather, there's an overpopulation of the paranormal and apparently someone created a machine to call the dead forth. The new Ghostbusters team is figuring out how the paranormal works themselves. Two high points of the trailer, well besides Slimer, is seeing a ghost possess Melissa McCarthy resulting in Leslie Jones slapping her around and Kristen Wiig approaching a "peaceful, harmless" ghost before being puked on. I give it to you lady Ghostbusters, you have peaked my interest and I will be there to watch with a full review afterwards. I hope this curiosity doesn't kill me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas