Gary Shandling

Today my sister, Samantha, tagged me in a post which I thought was another joke post but instead the headline said that Gary Shandling died. As many did, I stared at the headline in disbelief. We just watched Captain America: Winter Soldier, we just saw Gary Shandling hail  Hydra.
The funny thing is that the first thing that came to mind was his skit with Conan at the Emmys as Conan's love interest. I've watched The Larry Sanders Show and enjoyed his countless talk show appearances. I even caught him on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson when I was a kid.
I think the tribute Conan did on his show was spectacular and genuine. He always speaks from the heart when things like this happen and that's why I love watching Conan. He even shared the clip from the Emmys that still cracks me up. It's still hard to believe this talented man is gone. You are missed Gary. Many of us will surely be re-watching your classic moments and be reminded of why you're one of the greats. Rest in peace young one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas