Prince: Let it Rain

Prince, not an artist whom I thought I would be writing a tribute blog to so soon. I've been thinking about what the proper words to write are. What can one say when someone dies so young?
The first thing that came to mind was the so called feud between Prince and Michael Jackson. I'm not sure where it stemmed from or if it was actually just something the media cooked up. The truth is they are both extraordinary artists in their own right though I think they had much in common. Their creativity knows no limits and they are pure music geniuses who made a significant impact on the music industry.
He made more of an impact that I thought however because I didn't realize he had written songs for other artists like Sinead O'Connor and Tevin Campbell. I was also surprised to learn that he was funny and humble. It's difficult as a fan to truly learn about your favorite artists when you rarely if ever get the chance to know them personally but listening to others talk about him in a personal sense really opens your eyes to a person not just the artist.
I can say that when Prince performed, you couldn't take your eyes off him. He had this presence which mesmerized you. He just had that type of charisma, that type of spirit. I've seen a lot of things on Facebook with pictures of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Prince declaring that the King, Queen, and Prince are gone. It's hard to believe that the three greatest of our time are gone. No matter what others say our icons are gone but their legacy lives on. Rest in peace dear Prince. Your work is done. Embrace the son you mourned for so long ago and watch as your loved ones continue to carryout your legacy. You are known and will never be forgotten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas