Music Review: Linadrena-The Rust

Linadrena
Single-The Rust
This type of music is the opposite of what I generally listen to but for a dark piece, it is hypnotic. The vocals are haunting, piercing into the core of soul and ripping the fibers of survival from you. This is the poetry Linadrena portrays in this piece.
My boyfriend, Jeff, commented that it sounds very much like the soundtrack from the film Queen of the Damned, so much so that he thought that was what I was listening to.
The Rust reaches into the darkest spaces most dare not go but he does. For instance, take the following lyrics: "You won't shine, you're just one side of what I was, broken inside." I feel almost a sense of revelation. The individual or entity he refers to as being broken could be him saying goodbye to that part of him or being confrontational with a figure who masks themselves in what I refer to as fake glory. Whatever has happened to him within the context of this song, it's as if an event has taken place which is allowing him to rise up against this obstacle and put them or it in its place. Though I find the vocals to be monotone in the sense of remaining in the a repetitive pattern, it is what gives the song its dark, ghostly presence. His broken self is the ghost, the obstacle (whether an individual or entity) is what has fooled everyone but him, though the final lyrics of the song may contradict that. The final lyrics are "This is you, you decide what dies and nothing else." It makes me wonder, could this actually be a man who may be caught in a net of anger and/or resentment toward a person or toward God or even rather a god-like figure? He says, "you decide what dies and nothing else." Is he stripping power away from God or from one who claims to be like God? I don't mean to bring religion into this review but this is how this lyric speaks to me. The lyrics of the song entice to me to want to know more about this tortured soul, to make me want to go deeper. As I've said, I don't generally listen to this type of music but it is an extravagant piece of work. It is not only a signature piece of music but it is a signature piece of art. For more on Linadrena, visit the official Linadrena website  http://linadrena.com/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas