Music Review: Aaron Carter- Fool's Gold

Aaron Carter
Single: Fool's Gold
Ladies and gentlemen, Aaron Carter has arrived!
I'm going to take this back just a bit to give some background on my familiarity of Mr. Aaron Carter. My younger sister, as many girls did, loved Aaron when he first emerged as this adorable little boy winning the hearts of young girls everywhere. His career was tightly knitted to his big brother Nick. I watched snippets of The Carter Family reality show but wasn't too sure about the direction of Aaron's musical career. He went through different changes in his musical direction since he emerged onto the scene. Aaron went from this adorable little boy with a young Joey McIntyre type appeal to a mix between singing and rapping to laying low, primarily out of the spotlight. However I feel he has finally caught his niche. Aaron Carter has grown up and in a big way. With Fool's Gold he has dug his heels deep into the music industry. I love this track and am so proud of him.
It is so important when I listen to an artist to be able to see them stand on their own, to have their own identity. I almost feel that in the beginning of his career he didn't really have that individuality but for the time that we haven't really heard too much from him was time well spent and needed. Fool's Gold is clearly a song about a man who is watching this woman he loves with another man. He is in torture because he lives with the fact she is living a lie with this other man when he (Aaron) is who she really wants.
Take the chorus for example:
"Look at you fallin'
Do you even know what you're fallin' for?
Cause I see you fallin'
You traded my heart for some fool's gold
Fool's gold"

When he sings "You traded my heart for some fool's gold," he's telling her that she gave away the real love of her life and settled for an imposter. There's still a yearning for her but he can't sacrifice his sanity when she doesn't know what she wants. The song follows the saying "You don't know what you have till it's gone." It sounds like the woman in this song is compromising herself as well as the men in her life but Aaron is one man who may have the strength to say he's waited enough. It's a great song and if you haven't checked it out check out the video on YouTube Aaron Carter's Fool's Gold. This is one of the most honest songs I've heard recently. The sound is fresh, smooth, and suave but hey why take my word for it? Check it out and make this track a hit! I look forward to hearing more from Aaron. Oh and before I forget, check out the cool piano tattoo Aaron plays in the video. Seriously extremely creative and refreshing in an industry that takes real musicians like this for granted.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8/15/2016

    Aaron is doing his own thing and its shinning.
    I wish to be the photographer behind him.
    free of charge, he gets all the photos, photography is a hobby of mine and hes just a beautiful person inside and out.
    fan for life. - SahvannaH

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is most definitely shining. He is very talented and I'm happy to see his career completely break off from his brother because he is his own artist. "Fool's Gold" is proof of that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas