My "Bond" with Full House and Other Factors

In the spirit of the premiere of Fuller House, I want to share with all of you what my obsession is with the show as well as why I felt the need to defend it against its negative review (aside from the fact that it's a wholesome family show.)
I am the black sheep in my family. I never felt nor feel like I belong. I've always had a problem with my weight and have been bullied at school for it. I never felt like I amount to anything despite my accomplishments. I'm the only one divorced and with no kids. My weight is always an issue and always feel depressed. My Mommom who always gave me attention and showed interest in the things I do, passed away in 2011.
When I watched Full House, I always imagined myself part of the Tanner family. I felt like if I was depressed there, they would comfort me and tell me how special I am, make me feel like I belong. I feel like they would love me for me. Most of the reason why I am the way I am is because I watched shows like Full House, Family Matters, Family Ties, Boy Meets World, Step by Step and looked up to people like Michael Jackson and Celine Dion.
When someone like Jeff Jenson calls Fuller House bad television, I do take that to offense because with all the shows out there that are more for entertainment than family values. With the return and continuation of these classic shows, I feel like my family has come to visit. The same goes for Girl Meets World not just Fuller House. With these shows you have them teaching lessons not just entertaining. The desire for these shows are higher than ever plus there's a difference between a reboot, revival and recreation. When I hear the words "reboot" and "revival" it usually means they're bringing the series back but recasting it and bringing it back to life in a way that's usually frowned upon. This is true with films as well. I wish they would stop rebooting everything and just leave the classics alone. Anyway I feel that with these shows and Michael Jackson, I have been sculpted the way I am. I've always paid attention to what I watch, listen to, and read. What I choose to surround myself with has shaped who I am and what I believe. God is the number one presence in my life but this is insight to what else shaped me into the person I am. I may be older now but I am still that sensitive child inside. I may be strong but there's still that desire to be part of the fictional family The Tanners. In my heart, they will always be real to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas