Music Review: Joey + Rory-Hymns That are Important to Us

Hymns That are Important to Us by Joey+Rory
Released: February 12, 2016
I had never heard of Joey+Rory until I binge watched The Great Food Truck Race when one of the contestants earned the opportunity to serve those at the Joey+Rory concert. The next time I heard of this loving duo, it was when it was revealed Joey had cancer and decided to stop cancer treatment. I've been following their story ever since. Listening to this album has made me a fan. Unfortunately I feel like I became a fan too late but I guess there's no such thing as too late under the circumstances.
This is a beautiful collection of hymns as well as a beautiful display of love. The love for God is apparent in this album and despite her illness, their faith remains strong and like so many who have battled cancer before her, Joey remains strong and faithful. My heart truly breaks for them. My heart breaks for her such a beautiful person and I continue to pray for healing for her. Anything is possible with God. Rory has shown great strength as well. Going through something like this is never easy and too many have been claimed by this disease but now to review the album. My favorite song on the album is When I'm Gone and the music video is equally as moving. The emotion in the video between Joey and Rory truly tugs at your heart. You can see he sadness of the thought of being separated in death but at the same time it's Joey's farewell song saying that she knows her family will be okay. It's a beautiful song and fits the situation they are going through. Just as David Bowie had the opportunity to say goodbye, I feel like this is Joey's opportunity for both her loved ones and the fans. There is a sad tone to the album but there is also a feeling of hope in Joey's voice. Seeing as this is my first time listening to their music, I find it enriching and inspiring. I find myself closer to God when I listen to it. Another song on the album I like is I Need Thee Every Hour and I also enjoy Jesus Paid it All. I can feel the love between Joey and our Lord and Savior. It is the love of the Almighty and that of her family that are holding them all together at this time. Beautiful album. I urge you to pick up this album not only if you're a fan of this beautiful couple but for some peace in your life among the chaos of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas