A Fan Too Late, My Heart Breaks

A few weeks ago I reviewed Joey and Rory's final album together entitled Hymns that are Important to Us. I've been praying for Joey, one of healing. I was heartbroken to read that she has said her goodbyes to her loved ones and has fallen into a deep sleep. I can't imagine how hard this must be for all of them though it seems she has made peace and has accepted Jesus's Hand to return home. I just became a fan not too long ago after reviewing their album hence why I titled this post "A Fan Too Late." Her bravery is in her unfailing faith.
We have lost many to cancer both personal losses as well as losses in the Hollywood community. When I think back of all the greats we lost this year to cancer, the emotions become overwhelming. I lost my friend Theresa Sudik to cancer in February 2012. At the time I found out she passed, I didn't even know she was sick. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. This is why events like Relay for Life are so important. We want to see a cure for this disease.
Tonight I lift up prayers of comfort, healing, and love to Lord Jesus for Joey and her family. As she is about to leave our world behind, I know that she will be in God's loving arms. I wish there were a different ending so that she could spend more time with her family but I wish that for all who suffered and suffers from this horrible disease.
I am praying for you Joey, that you suffer no more and I pray for God to comfort your loved ones. My heart goes out to all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas