Movie Review: Lake Michigan Monster *Spoiler Alert*

 Lake Michigan Monster

Starring Ryan Brickson Cole Tews, Beulah Peters, Wayne Tews, Daniel Long, Erick West, & Chris Hoelter

Challenge Accepted. I don't usually find treasures like this unless I stumble upon them on my own. It reminds me of a B-rated comedy film from the classics. It has the cinematography of old films like "The Creature from the Black Lagoon," comedy of films like "Naked Gun," and graphics of pre-top technological days however it is entertaining all the same. 

Captain Seafield hires a team to hunt and kill the sea or rather lake monster who killed his father "so long ago." I must say, I believe my favorite plan was Operation Nauty Girl. I won't say why, you'll just have to watch to find out. By the end of the film, we finally come face to face with the monster and yes, even feel some sympathy for her. She asks or rather pleads for peace from the game of vengeance they've been playing with each other all these years. 

Despite the corniness of the story, you can't help but be invested in it. Dick, for example, was very dedicated to his role on the team and later to his disappointment in learning that Sean Shaughnessy killed his unborn baby with the mysterious monster. Shaughnessy's cursed ghost, I feel stole the show and to quote my youngest son, "How many weapons does he have?" 

The characters are certainly eccentric but you care about them in an odd, "what will happen to them" way. You find yourself cheering for Seafield to succeed if only to see if he's telling the truth as well as see what this so called monster looks like. Though I've included some spoilers, I urge you to watch this film. It's one that you know your IQ may not survive watching but then you just can't turn away. YOU CAN'T TURN AWAY!!! I would certainly watch it again because I'm already drawn in. The monster has me...and it won't...let...go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas