Must See Films of 2022

 I haven't done one of these posts in a long time. If you've read one of my film pick posts before, you know that these picks are purely by the films' trailer. I haven't seen these films yet but the trailer leaves me wanting more so without further ado, here are the trailers that caught my eye. (Note: I don't own any of these pictures and/or stills)

1) Marry Me starring Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson, and Sarah Silverman


I feel I am beginning with a biased choice because I LOVE Jennifer Lopez. I've been a big fan since I saw her in Selena. Anyway, most of the films I saw with Jennifer have not disappointed me. There's just something about her that draws you in. For instance, my favorite JLo film to date is The Wedding Planner. Ironic, considering this is also wedding themed but it's a step up called Marry Me. 

In the trailer we find a beautiful and popular singer about to marry in front of her fans to another popular celebrity however her dreams come crashing down when it's revealed through the tabloids that her fiance has left her for someone else. Feeling betrayed, alone, and heartbroken, she impulsively agrees to marry a fan and that fan is Charlie (Owen Wilson). From the start it is absolutely charming; heartbroken dad meets heartbroken singer; they marry on a whim and then get to know each other. (Like it's any different from these reality shows today but this one tends to steal our heart away.) Charlie is a great guy but does have something to lose because in the world of flashing lights, he could easily fade to the background. 

It's a film I truly anticipate seeing. The chemistry between Jennifer and Owen is undeniable, so much so that I urge y'all to go see this when you can. Stay tuned for a review of this film because I'm confident it won't disappoint!

2) Lucy and Desi (Documentary directed by Amy Poehler)


 
Yes, yes, yes, it is another biased pick because like many, I LOVE Lucy and Desi. I've lost count at the amount of films I've seen that either star them or is about their lives together. It's a romance that many of us are intrigued by and also sadden by because Lucy and Desi didn't last but Lucy and Ricky always will. 

    I am thrilled to see this documentary which has a release date of March 4 on Amazon. Our beloved television couple is in the spotlight again with audio we've heard and perhaps even some we haven't heard before. The documentary also features interviews with our favorite stars like Bette Midler and Carol Burnett but most importantly we also hear from their daughter, Lucie Arnaz. Lucie has always been vocal about her parents' love story and legacy. I am anxious to see the angle Amy Poehler takes on this story. From the trailer, it looks like it will take us on a different journey that truly will put us at the heart of everyone's favorite couple. 

3) Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Elisabeth Olsen


It's Marvel. Okay, review complete! 

Just kidding; even Marvel gets a reason from me. Scarlet Witch. Okay, now I'm done. 

OMG! I'm kidding, I'm kidding! We all know it will stop with the many cameos that will occur in the film. There's so many questions...SO MANY QUESTIONS! And we have to wait until May 6 to get those questions answered. 

We all know that WandaVision and Loki set us up for this magnanimus movie. This is in one word, EPIC!!! However when it's released, if it proves to be anything less than EPIC then I will swear off the rest of the Marvel Phase. (No I won't. There's too many good ones and Marvel has ceased to disappoint me yet however, I haven't seen Spiderman: No Way Home so there's still room for firsts.) 

We find Dr. Strange suffering the consequences of his actions in Spiderman however this ties in very closely to what we witnessed in WandaVision. Will the real Dr. Strange please stand up? Did you SEE the multiple Dr. Strange versions? I counted 3. We also see the scary outcome of the choices of Loki and Loki from Loki. Did that make sense? If not, you didn't watch Loki. I'm eager to see who is on that board of shadows that Dr. Strange faces. In the mean time, I'm enjoying the numerous YouTube videos that share theories of what may happen. Stay tuned because this is going to be a doozy. 

4) Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre Starring Jason Stratham, Josh Hartnett, Aubrey Plaza, Cary Elwes, Bugzy Malone, and Hugh Grant

A comical action film that brings Josh Hartnett out of the shadows and back to our hearts. We also get to admire the likes of Jason Stratham, Hugh Grant, and Cary Elwes (sorry got all girlie crush on '90s, 00s stars). Anyway, Jason Stratham is sent on a mission with the beautiful Aubrey Plaza and the dashing Bugzy Malone as his partners in crime. They enlist the help of a famous actor (played by Hartnett) to help them carryout their mission. 

Full of action and what seems to be a few hearty laughs along the way. Definitely a must see! 

5) Moonfall Starring Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, Josh Gad, Donald Sutherland

It's the end of the world as we know it, and we think it'll be great! Okay, before you start cursing me out, I'm talking about this lovely little end of the world movie right here. 

Of all the "end of the world' movies I've seen, this is the first film that makes me feel like, we are all in it together. I must say though, if that's how it's going to be, I'll be happy to be trapped with Patrick Wilson, Halle Berry, and Josh Gad inside the moon. However I'd need Donald Sutherland close by to keep us calm during our demise. 

A film I intend on seeing and reviewing. This is the end of round one of must see films of the year. If you've seen any of these or when you do, I'd love to hear what you think! Leave your comments below!
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas