Baylee Littrell: Bringing Country Back to Country

Baylee Littrell, the greatest country artist for the genre. Baylee's voice is a refreshing breeze on a hot summer day. What do I mean by this? Littrell has woken country music up. The country music I loved as a kid is making a comeback. For the longest time country has been crossing over into the pop genre and I'm not referring to Taylor Swift. If you were to take the time to listen to what I refer to as "new country" like Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift (like "Trouble"), and even some Shania Twain, you would hear a popish, rocking sound. Now switch sides for a moment and refer to the likes of Conway Twitty, Garth Brooks, George Strait, and Reba McEntire; good old fashioned but great country music. Baylee's talent is bringing that good old fashioned country music to life again.
His single "Don't Knock It" is a wholesome story telling with spirit, heart and a little bit of humor as he tries to convince his love interest that he is for her. He tells her "I know I ain't your type but I bet you wouldn't mind a Southern gentleman holding the door." It's lines like this that tug at the heart strings and makes you want to say "Hey, you can be my Southern gentleman." Truth be told Baylee's music has that special country charm reminding long time country fans why we fell in love with country music in the first place and attracts new fans to the genre. "Don't Knock It" is fun, romantic, and a prince charming ready to sweep that special girl off her feet.
I recently saw Baylee in action at Hershey Park Stadium and he was amazing. Baylee holds his own with an extraordinary stage presence. His humbleness and gratitude to the fans is highly attractive in an artist and says a lot about him as a person. I must say I admire the Littrell family. There are many children of individuals who have established themselves in the show business industry who cannot escape the shadow of their parents however Baylee is an exception. For those that aren't aware, Baylee's father is Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys and his mother is actress Leighanne Littrell. Brian is supportive of his son but allows him to shine independently of him. Leighanne is Baylee's manager and a great one she is. I had the privilege of meeting both Baylee and Leighanne at the Hershey concert for the DNA tour (the 1st time around). They were so kind, friendly, and down to earth.
The most exciting news came from Baylee at the September 16 Hershey concert: his debut album drops November 15th. I will be counting down to its release and I urge all of you to get it. Country's next brightest star is Baylee Littrell! Check him out!









I was super excited to meet Baylee. He is so talented. This is right before the 5 min. BSB concert (it was postponed because of the weather). I'm so glad it did get postponed because I really enjoyed seeing Baylee perform.



















Proud mom and manager, Leighanne Littrell. Leighanne was an actress in the early 2000s. Brian and Leighanne raised a standup young man. She was very friendly and I yelled "Leighanne! May I get a picture?!" as if I knew her but she graciously said yes as you can see.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas