2016: The Cruel Year

Just when we thought we had seen 2016 at its worse, it claimed another legend on Christmas Day. George Michael, a highly popular, successful, and debonair talent passed away Christmas day at the age of 53. Like the performers who passed before him, George had a unique voice that cannot be replicated. He gave us amazing songs like "Faith," "One Last Try," and "Father Figure." He was the poster boy of pop and the poster on DJ's wall in Full House. His voice commanded our attention with its strong, smooth caress. I'm still in shock over his passing. My heart also goes out to his boyfriend. I know how devastating that must've been to find the one you love suddenly gone. I must say, Heaven has an awesome band up there. Sing with the Angels, George. You have made your mark on the world and through your music, your legacy will live on.

The Double Whammy that No One Saw Coming: The Singer and her Princess
 When news of Carrie Fisher's heart attack broke after George Michael's death, I prayed, like so many, that she would survive. She's Princess Leia and such a joy to watch in action (especially out of the Force). She rose above the ashes of her life and came out better, stronger. I heard that somewhere in that time, she was stable. I thought, "Oh Thank God. She survived," until the news finally broke that she had passed. I didn't really think, "OMG Princess Leia is gone," instead I thought about her daughter, Scream Queens Billie Lourd and then her mother Debbie Reynolds. I've seen clip after clip on YouTube on how close they were and now the second generation actress in a family of talent was gone.
One day after Carrie's passing, the great Debbie Reynolds left to be with her daughter. If that doesn't tell the strong bond between mother and daughter, I don't know what will. My heart just wept for Billie Lourd. Billie, an actress in her own right, has lost her mother and grandmother in one swift strike. She now carries on her mother and grandmother's legacy. I know there are great things in store for her and I pray for her as well as the rest of the family. To lose two such incredible people at one time is a heartbreaking tragedy but their legacies will also live on. Every time we watch Star Wars and Singing in the Rain we will be reminded of their greatness and the talent they willingly shared with us. To two beloved legends, we will miss you terribly. Rest in peace together and bring joy to everyone in Heaven.
God bless your loved ones and your souls. You are forever loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas