Movie Review: Falling for Christmas

 


Falling for Christmas

Starring Lindsay Lohan, Chord Overstreet, and Jack Wagner

She's back! First I want to say that I have always been a fan of Lindsay Lohan since "Parent Trap" and I am so happy to see her back on screen. Lindsay stars as Sierra Belmont, a rich heiress who proves that there is more to her than fancy designer clothes and daddy's money. 

When I first heard the synopsis, I thought it was another version of "Overboard" originally starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell but I was wrong. It has its own rustic charm with its theme of family, tradition, and memorable keepsakes.

We learn early on that Sierra lost her mother when she was very young and the snowglobe her mother treasured was the link to her memories of her mother. She clearly has a close relationship with her father (Jack Wagner) who is anything but a pushover parent. He's supportive, caring, and wanting only the best for his daughter. 

Her desire to not want the position of vice-president that her father bestowed upon her tells you that she has aspirations for herself though not immediately revealed. When Sierra has an accident, shortly after becoming engaged to her boyfriend, Tad, she is left alone, only to be rescued by a widowed father, Jake (Chord Overstreet). She remains with Jake and his family until she is able to remember who she is. Now I don't want to spoil much else as I do want you to watch this. 

I must say the bond between Sierra, Jake, Jake's daughter and his mother-in-law speaks volumes. She truly integrates herself into their world however I don't find that difficult as the bond between Sierra and young Avy is formed from the common loss of a precious mother. 

Given that  this is the first Christmas movie I've viewed for the holiday season, I am impressed by the story and the cast. Again, I am delighted to see Lindsay acting again and Chord Overstreet, (from TV's Glee) has certainly shed the Glee persona, charming as Jake. I highly recommend this film to start your dive into the holiday season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"