The One and Only Colin Jost!

Who is Colin Jost? Why he's on SNL!
You know, Weekend Update?

What's SNL?






I don't know you.
This is Colin Jost. He is by far one of my favorite Weekend Update anchors on SNL since Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey. I was ecstatic, as well as my fellow SNL fans, that Colin came to our campus to perform! Bravo to Millersville's NBS Chapter for getting such a great performer along with his opening act, Mike Recine!
I am an alumni of Millersville and I was an NBS member when I was a student. This takes the cake. The event began around 7:30pm (doors opened at 7pm). Mike Recine came out and got the crowd going. Now one thing I've got to tell you about Mike Recine. First, he is very funny and second, if you don't take him seriously. His humor, as a student behind me put it, is much more crude than other comics I've heard but that's the thing. If you don't keep in mind that this is a comedy act, you're going to be offended. I can tell you that none of us were offended. The most memorable joke was one that transitioned from Mike to Colin and it had to do with Filipinos. I'm part Filipino which is why it was so memorable to me. Mike said that Colin doesn't like Filipinos and told a member of the audience that it's a joke. He also advised the individual to ask Colin when he comes out just to confirm. As soon as Colin came out, he said, "Those damn Filipinos. Taking over our country, taking all our jobs." I was in tears.
My favorite joke from Mike was when he referred to his autistic brother, saying that when you have a sibling or someone you know who is like that, they are your ticket into a great school because that's who you write about in your college essay, then referring to his sister's college essay which compared their brother to an owl lost in the woods. It was quite funny. Like I said, crude but funny.
Colin's set poked fun at us Marauders but who could blame him? It's so easy! He pointed out that we're marauders and our slogan is "Seize the opportunity" which he hit it off with, "They're encouraging you to steal." It was freakin' fantastic! He also poked fun at how we pronounce Lancaster. My boyfriend can attest to this because he pronounces it "Lan-CASTer" but those of us who live here say "Lankester" as one word, real quick. Colin said it's like we're trying to just speed on through it. Between Mike and Colin, we were in tears, howling with laughter at each joke. We were not permitted to take pictures with him or during the performance so my picture with the program is about all I have. However one day I hope to meet the SNL cast because it's definitely one of my favorite shows and Colin proved why last night. I had a blast and in the mist of everything, it was great to go to a campus function and spend the night with Mike and Colin. Much love to those guys and so thankful that you came to our campus. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Review: Jerad Finck Criminal EP

Music Review Single: Leslie Becker "Slow Burn"

Movie Review: Falling for Christmas